It Pays to be a Westman Communications Group (Westman) Co-op Member
Westman is owned by the members who use our services.
All earnings belong to our members, and each year, these earnings increase your equity in the company. Westman reinvests each member’s equity into its operations, enabling Westman to add or enhance services and remain competitive.
This is the critical difference between Westman and other providers of Internet, Digital HD TV and Phone services. As a Westman member, you build equity in the Co-op, and your patronage contributes to both the company and your community.
Westman member benefits also include:
- A yearly statement of your equity, annual reports, and other information about the Co-op.
- Occasional dividend payments of equity.
- The right to run for a position on the Board of Directors.
- The right to vote for the Board of Directors.
- A voice at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and other special meetings.
- The opportunity to be a member of the Community Media Committee (CMC), which manages WCGtv, your local community programming channel.
Five Fun Facts about Westman as a cooperative:
- Westman was established as a co-op in 1977.
- Westman supports over 80+ initiatives throughout communities across Manitoba annually.
- Every year, Westman offers an exclusive giveaway and other special offers for members that have been with us for 5+ years.
- Offers up to $16,000 annually in scholarships to over 30 high schools in the communities that Westman serves.
- Environmental Responsibility initiatives are in Westman’s corporate vision to ensure that our company can reduce our impact on the environment. Things such as energy-efficient heating and cooling in our building, adding eco-diesel trucks to our fleet, and more have been implemented to ensure we do our part. To learn more, go to westmancom.com/local-impact.